October is Dysautonomia Awareness month and to help raise awareness for Dysautonomia, I thought I’d share some quick and easy ways you can show your support and help raise awareness for Dysautonomia if you’re unable to attend or organise an event.
For those of you who don’t know what Dysautonomia is, Dysautonomia is a condition which causes a malfunction of the autonomic nervous system. The autonomic nervous system is responsible for regulating all of our involuntary body functions such as our heart rate, blood pressure, breathing , temperature and digestion, so for people living with Dysautonomia, their body may not be able to do this.
How you can support people living with Dysautonomia and help raise awareness:
- Wear a Turquoise colour ribbon during October.
- Change your Facebook and/or email banner and profile picture to one of the ones in the link below http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=149
- Share the below image link with everyone you know by posting it up on Facebook or Twitter or sending it in an email.
- Add a turquoise Twibbon to your Twitter page https://twibbon.com/support/dysautonomia-international
- Wear the colour turquoise during October.