February 17th is National Random Acts of Kindness Day, or RAC Day and to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Day I‘ve compiled a list of positive quote about kindness below as well as some simple random acts of kindness if you’re stuck for inspiration, which you can do at school or if you’re an adult like me in your university or workplace.
- Smile at everyone you see today. Remember, a smile tells a thousand words. 🙂
- Compliment someone you don’t usually talk to. You never know, you might just make someone’s day.
- Take the time to write a handwritten letter to a friend or family member thanking them for something. They’ll really appreciate the time you’ve taken to do this.
- Make something nice such as a cake or a card and give it to someone.
- Give all of your family and friends a hug.
- Write a positive message or compliment on a sticky note for your family, friends or teachers and stick it somewhere where they will see it, but not when they’re around.
- Pick a flower and give it to someone.
And remember to be kind every day, not just on Random Acts of Kindness Day. Happy random Acts of Kindness Day everyone! If you have any more quotes you’d liek to share about kindness, please feel free to post them in the comments section at the bottom of my blog.
Quotes about Kindness
“No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted.” – Aesop
“To often we underestimate the power of a touch, a kind word, a smile, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all which have the potential to turn a life around.” Leo Buscagalia
“I’ve learnt that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”Maya Angelou
“Kindness is the language which the deaf can see and the blind can see.” Mark Twain